Kiwanis meeting of November 9th
Our guests today included :Dan White,Mark Braunlich,Cassandra Kiley and Jeff Yorkey.
The agenda followed with the following items :
1. The bowling team took 6 points on Tuesday night
2. Gene Jenkins celebrates a Birthday this week
3. Club Anniversaries were celebrated by Evans Bentley,Susie Cox Grizzle and Judge Michael Weipert
4. Debbie Pulling will be inducted into the club next week
5. A Thank You note was received from the Alzheimer Group for donation we gave
6. The Kiwanis Lottery tickets were passed out at the meeting today. Please see Karen Lemerand for your allotment of tickets. This is another big fundraiser for our club.
7. The Circle K Club will be hosting an event on Feb. 11th,2017 called the Lovepit.The theme is Harry Potter
8. The Aktion Club started packing bags for distribution at the Monroe Elementary Schools
9. Sheets were passed out again today for the Poinsettia Sales. All orders are due by 11/23. Pick Up will be 12/5
10. Upcoming events include the following
b.12/3-Ida Light Parade
c.12/7-Salvation Army Christmas Party
d.12/10-Tentative President Holiday Party
f. 12/17-Salvation Army Bell Ringing
g.12/21-Spouses Day and World’s Largest Baby Shower for Heartbeat of Monroe
Our guest speakers for today included Honorable Judge Jack Vitale,Stephanie Pride (Director of Probation Services) and Geralyn Harris (Chief Clinical Officer) of the Monroe County Mental Health Department.
They spoke on the newly formed Monroe Count Mental Health Recovery Court.
It is a joint effort between Monroe Community Mental Health Authority and the Monroe County Criminal Justice System to addreess the needs of offenders with serious and chronic mental illness.Part of the discussion was on the goals they set forth,who is eligible and how to make referrals.Anyone can make referral by contacting the MCMHRC Coordinator at 734-240-7116.Jeff Yorkey also spoke on some of the items in the handout we were given and then the group answered questions the members had for them.