Kiwanis meeting of August 24th
Steven McCarty (Circle K International Vice President) was our guest today. The agenda followed introductions.
1. Dr. Jodie Bean gave a report on the Goat Milking Contest at the Monroe County Fair
2. Jim Petrangelo gave a report on the Wine Tour from last weekend and Thanked Joe Costello for the hospitality,
3. Nancy Wain gave a report on the Golf outing from last weekend and thanked all those who helped out
4. The 100th Birthday celebration for the National Parks will be held this Sunday at the River Raisin Battlefield
5. The K Club will be hosting a Party this weekend
6. The Kiwanis Newsmagazine ads are now due and can be brought in until the October 7th deadline
7. Prices and details for new Kiwanis shirts and hats will be available at next weeks meeting
8. The next Board meeting is on September 13th at noon
9. We are still in desperate need of volunteers for the Flat Rock Speedway event on September 3rd. Contact Gene Jenkins if you can help
10. Next weeks meeting will be to turn in and discuss budgets for 2016-17. Please get the information to David Thompson ASAP
11. The Installation Banquet will be on September 30th at the K of C Hall at 6pm. We will need a count from members as to how many members and spouses will be attending. Contact David Thompson. There won’t be a meeting at noon that day
Our guest today was Jonathan Citrin from the CitrinGroup Media. He is a Speaker and Author. He came from an Investment Industry background and does a lot of consulting nationwide.
He spoke on brain functions and how he has been on a 20 year journey discovering how the Brain Stem and Cortex work. A lot of what we do is by habit. He answered questions after the meeting for those who wanted additional information.
He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-562-6418