Kiwanis Meeting of April 20th, 2016
Our only guest today was Cassondra Kiley
The agenda for this week included :
1. Michelle Paled had her 1st reading for membership into the club
2. Jeff Bell will be inducted next week
3. Celebrate Children was a big success again.We handed out over 3,300 books to the children who attended
4. Don Lutz gave a report on the Spring Divisional that was held last Saturday. Our Club got several awards for the past administrative year
5. Jenise Steinman reported on the Blood Drive from last Friday
6. Jami Keegan reported on a Spring Cleanup this Saturday at the River Raisin Battefield and asked members to come out and help out
7. Volunteers are still needed for the Special Olympics Track Meet on May 13th
8. The next Community Meal that we serve will be on April 28th. We could still use some volunteers to help out
9. Donations are still needed for our Basket of Party favors for the Paula’s House Spring Fling this Friday.See Jodie Bean if you can help
10. The next Board Meeting is May 10th
Our speaker today was Ralph Cicero from the Frenchtown Senior Center. He came to speak to us about the great Travel Programs they offer at the Center. The trips range from $15 for a Casino Trip up to several thousand $ for longer trips, including meals and airfare.
You must be 55 or older to take advantage of these offers. You can be younger but you must go with a person you know who is 55 or older. There is a Travel Program the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Center. For more information you can contact Ralph between 8:30-4 Monday -Friday at the Center. They also have several information sheets that you can take to look through.