June 22: Dual Meetings for Downtown Kiwanis and the Kiwanis 5th Divisional Meeting
We had a dual meeting last night at our weekly meeting. Our Club hosted the 5th Division Meeting.
Our guests included members from Downriver West Kiwanis, Wyandotte Sunrise Kiwanis, Dundee Kiwanis and Woodhaven.
Special guests included Lt. Gov. Barb Duran and Lt. Gov. Designate Sarah Kew. Suzie Cox Grizzle also brought her husband Gary as a guest.
For our portion of the meeting President Ig brought up the following items :
1. We will meet at Holiday Camp next week and not at the Church. We will start feeding lunch at 11:30 and members are asked to make an effort to be there
2. President Ig Cuccia and President Elect David Thompson are attending the Kiwanis International Convention this weekend on Toronto
3. Volunteers are needed for the Peanut Sales during the Monroe County Fair Parade. Please contact Gene Jenkins or Don Lutz if you can help
4. Jim Keegan reported on the Aktion Club visit to the Monroe City Fire Department on Tuesday.
5. Volunteers are needed for the Special Olympics Regional Golf Outing on August 8th. Contact Dick Sager if you can help out.
6. Dr. Jodie Bean will be sending out a sign up sheet for those wishing to order new shirts for the Kiwanis Club.
7. The next Board meeting is on July 12th at noon
The next order of business was to adjourn our weekly meeting and turn the floor over to Lt. Gov. Barb Duran for the 5th Division meeting. Bard introduced all the clubs in attendance from the division. Each club was given time to let us know about their future projects.
Downriver West Lt. Gov. Barb discussed several issues as well ;
Trivia Night on Wednesday July 13th 1.Background Checks
Signing up Corporate members 2.July 16th Leadership Training
Chartering a couple of new Clubs 3.District Convention in August in East Lansing
Renovating a School in their area 4.Need for a Divisional Treasurer
Dundee 5.Al Catto spoke on the Formula Team in place to help struggling Clubs
July 30th 5K Run at Cabela’s 6.Lt. Gov. Designate Sarah Kew spoke on the upcoming officer installations Wyandotte Sunrise
Collecting Shoes Paul Elsy spoke on the Michigan Foundation including :
Dictionaries to Kids 1.The Hawaii Trip giveaway will be on August 27th at the Michigan District
Flea Market Governor’s Banquet.Tickets are $10
Woodhaven 2.Paul also spoke on the Kiwanis Foundation awards and Donor Cards for
Waiting on delivery of 2 new buses Michigan Foundation For info call Paul @ 771-0552
Take a Book-Give a Book Library up and running
Uncle Sam Jam
Swing for the Community Golf Event on August 20th