Kiwanis Meeting of November 2nd
Debbie Pulling and Paul Elsy were our guests today.
Our agenda for today was the following items :
1. Debbie Pulling had her 3rd reading today and will be inducted next week
2. The bowling team took 1 point this week
3. Our next Board meeting will be next Tuesday 11/8/16 at noon
4. Our next interclub visit will be on 11/16 to Dundee.Don Lutz will have more details at next weeks meeting
5. The Special Olympics 1/2 Marathon Fundraiser is this Sunday starting at Tenneco.Contact Dick Sager if you can help
6. Paul Elsy was at the meeting to discuss the Michigan Foundation Christmas Holiday season Fundraiser
7. Sheets for the Kiwanis Poinsettia sales were passed out at the meeting.All sheets have to be turned back in by 11/23 and the plants will be in on Dec. 5th
8. Doug Kuras reminded everyone of the Walk for Warmth this weekend
9. Dick Sager and Angie Bomia celebrated Anniversaries in the club this week
10. Upcoming Events included the following :
a.11/19 Holiday Parade Downtown
b.12/3 Ida Light Parade
c.12/7 Salvation Army Christmas Party 4:30-6pm
d. First week of Dec. Circle K Bake Sale at the Monroe Housing Building (more details to come)
e.12/10 Presidents Party (tentative date)
f. 12/17 Bell ringing for the Salvation Army
g. Invoices were handed out to members in attendance for their Patron ads and display ads.Members are asked to get payment back in ASAP.
We also had extra copies of the tab at the meeting for members to take to pass out to their advertisers.
h. Kiwanis Lottery tickets are ready for distribution
Today was Committee Day so we broke into groups to discuss future activities
P.S. The Monroe News will no longer be publishing our minutes so this will be the only form of info